Introduction

General discussion forum regarding Mountain Air topics.

Introduction

Postby MTN2666 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:57 am

New pilot to Mountain Air. Thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I live in Greenville NC. Retired Air Force MSgt after 25 years. Started second career here in Eastern NC as a dispatcher for Critical Care Transports with the local hospital, both Helo's and ground. I also am a certified paramedic for the state of NC and run EMS part time with a local township.

Been flying flight sims since FS95, progressed to FSX and now I really like X Plane, although I have FSX active too. I do try to get on VATSIM every now and again, however I am still in a learning curve with my aircraft. I usually fly late night so there is no ATC active on VATSIM, which kind of defeats the purpose of online flying. But I still attempt to go online when I have the opportunity.

I am a member of another VA, but joined Mountain Air as I like the opportunities we have with Mountain Air, short hops using mostly regional jets and turboprops.

Question - does anyone know if there is someone out there making Mountain Air liveries for X Plane aircraft? I am not so good in that area and believe I would muck it up more than help with making them.

Well. look forward to flying here at Mountain Air. Regards to all!

Jim Kieffer, MTN2666
Greenville NC
MTN2666

Re: Introduction

Postby MTN2660 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 am

Welcome aboard, Jim :D

Can't really help you with questions about X plane. I run P3D v2 since leaving FSX and haven't looked back :mrgreen:

Looking forward to chatting with you soon. Please try to get on TeamSpeak when you can. The MTN pilots on there are very helpful in many ways :D
MTN2660

Postby MTN001 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Welcome aboard, Jim!

I'm not aware of any Mountain Air repaints for X-Plane aircraft. We only have a handful of X-Plane users and none of them have confessed any ability to repaint aircraft - at least not to me.

If you try to use FSACARS, be sure to get XPUIPC so it can talk to our servers. There's a thread about this in the X-Plane section of our Technical Support forum.
MTN001

Postby MTN2666 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Gary, I am familiar with XUIPC. Did my first flight last night and everything seemed to link. After landing it generated a report and I was able to dump flight to my logbook. Looking forward to a long career with Mountain Air.

Regards
Jim Kieffer, MTN 2666
Greenville NC
MTN2666

Return to General Chat