Hello from a New Member

General discussion forum regarding Mountain Air topics.

Hello from a New Member

Postby MTN2703 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:59 am

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd pop in and say a quick hello as I'm a new pilot at Mountain-Air.

My names Glenn and I'm 42, disabled from West Moors, Dorset, England. I'm fairly newish to FSX but am trying to learn to do things correctly all the way. I've been in and out of flight sim for some years but now I'm seriously disabled I've got a lot of time on my hands and what better thing to do that to Fly!!! :). Looking for a VA it's hard as almost all fly the large planes and they just don't interest me. I'm chuffed I found you guys as you only fly my favorite type ... No exceptions :)

I've had various pieces of flight equipment over the years starting with a CH Flight yoke then more recently moved onto a Saitek Cessna Professional Flight a yoke system & pedals (amazing piece of kit) but sadly because I couldn't use the rudder pedals I had to get rid of it. With the money I got from the sale I bought the superb Saitek X52 Flight Control System which I'm absolutely loving.

I've always preferred smaller planes and haven't really flown the "Big Boys" as they don't really interest me. I love twins and turbo probs. My favorite Payware plane at the mo is the Flight1 BN-2 Islander with its lovely old KLN-90 GPS unit.. Simple, easy and I love it.

Anyways enough waffle from me time to get setup.

Best wishes Glenn
MTN2703

Re: Hello from a New Member

Postby MTN2245 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 am

Welcome to Mountain- Air Glenn, I am the Events Manager. Just to let you know, we have group flights every Sunday starting at 12:30 Mountain Time so that makes it 1730 - 2030. Please feel free to join us on team Speak and join in.

We look forward to seeing you.
MTN2245

Postby MTN1664 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Welcome Aboard
MTN1664

Postby MTN1031 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Welcome aboard! Its great to see another islander fan. My goto used to be either the Islander or the Twotter. Both great bush planes and both are great for those up and down island hops. If you're ever online I'll look for you. I'm not sure about routes around Europe but we've got a great selection covering N. America/Caribbean/Hawaii. And as you might've seen, nothing over 3 hours. :D
MTN1031

Postby MTN2645 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:23 pm

WELCOME!
MTN2645

Return to General Chat