B717 problem in FSX

Forum for discussion of aircraft, sounds and panels

B717 problem in FSX

Postby MTN2570 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

I installed the 717 and prepared it for flight but was unable to achieve engine start. I tried using the overhead start buttons and also the generic key command Shift+E. All that happens is the N2 revs up to 25% and N1 goes to 4% but that is it.

As an aside-I was a bit disappointed that the aIrcraft was using the CRJ panel and went looking for a replacement. I tried a panel-only installation but could not make it compatible with the flight model. I then did a general 717 Google search and found a file Boeing717packagev2.zip which is a complete flight model and panel using Historic Jetliners Group aircraft with a supplied panel created by Phillipe Wallaert.

I believe it is available through simviation.com so if anyone else is having problems with the MTN fleet selection this might be a viable alternative. I am trying to get it to accept the MTN texture but that is not yet successful.
MTN2570

Re: B717 problem in FSX

Postby MTN2090 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 am

MTN2570 wrote: I am trying to get it to accept the MTN texture but that is not yet successful.

MTN is using freeware JetCity 717 model and Historic Jet Group is using another freeware 717 model meaning that the MTN texture that is DESIGNED for JetCity 717 model is NOT compatible with the other different 717 by different software company HJG. You cannot try texture on different model like you cannot use MTN texture from POSKY 757 for Captain Sims 757.

However, if you are PROGRAMMING SAVVY, you might be able to export Boeing 717 2D panel from HJG 717 model into JetCity 717 model. I am using FSX default 738 panel for JetCity 717.

Aharon
MTN2090

Postby MTN2570 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 am

I have been called many things but Programming Savvy is definitely not one of them so I will forgo even attempting a panel merge.

There still is the issue of not being able to achieve engine start on the Jet City model. Anyone have a clue about that? The fuel control levers are rotating to the run position and yes, I did have fuel.
MTN2570

Postby MTN001 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:30 am

MTN2570 wrote:I tried a panel-only installation but could not make it compatible with the flight model.

Are you meaning a virtual cockpit or a 2D cockpit? Which you mean makes a world of difference. Virtual cockpits must be allowed and specifically modeled in the plane's .mdl file. A 2D cockpit can be aliased from any compatible FSX panel file. Our B712 was a former payware plane that was released as freeware with the virtual cockpit intentionally stripped from it by the authors. We've aliased the default CRJ7 2D cockpit to the plane. You won't find a virtual cockpit that will work with it because the model doesn't allow it.

As to the starting issue, it sounds like you have your fuel cutoff switches in the off position. If you're using a joystick axis to control the cutoff, make sure it (they) is properly calibrated for the plane. I have the issue that some planes won't allow my axes to control the spoilers properly. However, I have my fuel cutoff switches mapped to two joystick axes and they work correctly with the 712.
MTN001

Postby MTN2090 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:53 am

MTN2570 wrote:I have been called many things but Programming Savvy is definitely not one of them so I will forgo even attempting a panel merge.

well I am not programming savvy but I manage to alias panels. It is not called merge. It is called aliasing or copying the panel. For ex, I copied the panel from FSX default 738 and pasted onto MTN 717 plane by JetCity. You can do that or you can alias the panel. I actually aliased the panel for 717.

If you are brave enough to do one of two simple choices, it will work for you. Either alias the panel from HJG 717 (no merging needed) OR delete the panel folder from MTN 717, copy the panel folder from HJG 717, and paste the panel folder into the MTN 717 folder.

Try it It would not hurt you and you can go back to old way.

Good luck
MTN2090

Return to Fleet