Challenge Event: CAV NOT OK (Sat. Oct. 14th)

Group flights and other events for Mountain Air pilots.

Moderators: MTN2451, MTN2245

Challenge Event: CAV NOT OK (Sat. Oct. 14th)

Postby MTN2451 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 pm

I don't know about you, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to land my plane in bad weather conditions. It's always fun to be on your final approach, hear the "approaching minimums" call out and not be able to see a darn thing!!

For our next Challenge Event, we're going to do just that! We'll let the current weather conditions on that day dictate where we fly, so polish off the instruments of your favorite planes, because you are definitely going to need them for this flight! It might be the first glimpse of winter somewhere in the north, it might be an airport that is fogged in, it might be someplace with a heavy thunderstorm and high crosswinds calling for big rudder action! We'll decide as a group ahead of time in TeamSpeak which official Mountain Air flight to fly.

As usual, you will receive 20 bonus points for participating, provided that you depart within the 3-hour event time window. You may fly the flight in any aircraft using any route at any altitude you prefer, but be aware that depending on which flight we choose, certain aircraft may not be feasable based on the length of the runways.

Since this is a Challenge Event, to be eligible to win the Challenge, you must log this flight using FSACARS. The winner will be the pilot with the best landing rate – this person will receive 5 additional bonus points and the Challenge Event ribbon added to his/her pilot page!

Where will Mother Nature take us? Please join us on TeamSpeak that day to find out!

EVENT DATE: Saturday, October 14, 2017
EVENT START TIME: 2:00pm Mountain Time (2000 UTC)

FLIGHT INFORMATION: To be determined on the day of the event

Cheers,
MTN2451

Re: Challenge Event: CAV NOT OK (Sat. Oct. 14th)

Postby MTN2090 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Shalom MTN management,

Finished this event flying from PANC to PAFA along with other 4 MTN pilots. Kindly please issue me 20 bonus points for participating in this event.

Thanks,

Aharon
MTN2090

Postby MTN1031 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:56 pm

I would've loved to fly this but I ended up in my real Skylane this afternoon! Sorry for missing out!
MTN1031

Postby MTN2451 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:54 pm

Hey Brandon,

Well, if it's a choice between flying virtually or flying for real, I think we'd all make the same choice you did! It was great fun though, we ended up choosing Anchorage to Fairbanks as they were pretty fogged in -- 500' ceiling when I got there and I should have gone around but ended up slamming her down about 1/3 of the way down the runway! I was in an Embraer, so lots of room anyway, plus it let my boss win the Challenge! :lol:

Next week is also in Alaska, is not a Challenge Event, but may very well be weather-challenged as we're flying into Dutch Harbor and the long-range forecast is currently for rain/snow showers next weekend, so join us for that one if you can! The same goes for the rest of you reading this -- hope to see you on TeamSpeak and at PANC!

Cheers,
MTN2451

Return to Events