Challenge Event: CAV NOT OK (Sat. Dec. 9th)

Group flights and other events for Mountain Air pilots.

Moderators: MTN2451, MTN2245

Challenge Event: CAV NOT OK (Sat. Dec. 9th)

Postby MTN2451 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Earlier in the season, we decided on a great weather flight that took us into Fairbanks in very low visibility! John Downen (MTN2245) took the ribbon that day with his -163 ft/min landing rate!

For our next Challenge Event, let's have another one, shall we!? We'll let the current weather conditions of the day dictate where we fly, so polish off the instruments of your favorite planes, because you'll need them for this flight!

As usual, you will receive 20 bonus points for participating, provided that you depart within the 3-hour event time window. You may fly the flight in any aircraft using any route at any altitude you prefer, but be aware that depending on which flight we choose, certain aircraft may not be feasible based on the length of the runways.

Since this is a Challenge Event, to be eligible to win the Challenge, you must log this flight using FSACARS. The winner will be the pilot with the best landing rate – this person will receive 5 additional bonus points and the Challenge Event ribbon added to his/her pilot page!

Where will Mother Nature take us? Please join us on TeamSpeak that day to find out!

EVENT DATE: Saturday, December 9, 2017
EVENT START TIME: 2:00pm Mountain Time (2100 UTC)

FLIGHT INFORMATION: To be determined on the day of the event

Cheers,
MTN2451

Re: Challenge Event: CAV NOT OK (Sat. Dec. 9th)

Postby MTN2183 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Maintenance really needs to check out my Landing gear......... the ground just jumped up out of no where! ;) IFR until the last 100 feet or so.......now that's some fun flying!
MTN2183

Postby MTN2451 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah, it was the same for me Frank, didn't see nuthin till about 500 feet AGL and then when I disconnected the AP, of course I wasn't trimmed right, so she started nosing over and we landed with a slight thud! :lol:

Our Veep of Ops took the challenge with a -23 ft/min in his beloved Crash8! Nice flyin', Bill *cough* hacker *cough* :mrgreen:
MTN2451

Postby MTN2469 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Mr Frank, just to let you know....a lot of our pilots plant their landing gear at a multitude of runways all over the world [me included]. LOL On a serious note I was happy to see the pilots who turned out for this event. I would like to throw out an invite to all Mountain pilots to try and join us for some of these events. Its fun, sometimes we even have atc. I hope we can get you in teamspeak. And Glen... my autoland works just fine thanks;}
MTN2469

Return to Events