FSACARS use now adds points

General discussion forum regarding Mountain Air topics.

FSACARS use now adds points

Postby MTN001 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Effective this afternoon, you will receive an additional 3 points per hour (up to 9 points per flight) for using FSACARS and logging your flight via its interface. You cannot get these points using a manually logged PIREP. The maximum point total per flight is now 59 rather than the previous 50.

The PIREP must be filed with ACARS to get these points. Even if you used ACARS for the flight but it crashed during flight, these points will not be available because there is no way to determine that ACARS was really used other than the PIREP filing.

Hopefully I didn;t break anything while making this change. If you experience any difficulty or error while filing a PIREP, please e-mail me immediately.
MTN001

Re: FSACARS use now adds points

Postby MTN2090 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:28 pm

mtn001 wrote:because there is no way to determine that ACARS was really used other than the PIREP filing.

Actually there is way. Screenshot of FSCARS window during freeze or any malfunction is clear proof. Another example is that screenshot of FSCARS with all flight time info during failed uploading due to some malfunction reason after completing flight. Those are clear proof. Happened to me few times and I managed to take screenshot snapshots of FSCARS window showing flight info and flight time after landing to show proof.

Regards,

Aharon
MTN2090

Postby MTN001 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Sorry, Aharon, not going to fly. Screenshots are easily manipulated. Even if they weren't, it would require human intervention. So let me slightly rephrase what I said before - there is no automated way to determine that ACARS was really used other than the PIREP filing.

The original statement remains valid - the points will be available only if the PIREP is filed via ACARS. There's not even an option on the manual PIREP to show ACARS use.
MTN001

Postby MTN1474 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:27 pm

mtn001 wrote:Hopefully I didn't break anything while making this change.

I just double checked your work, and it looks like you made the change just as I would have. So all of the locations that need to evaluate points for a flight are updated accordingly. Of course, there were a couple of additional files that needed to be updated as well to pass the additional variable to the function that tells the script if it was flown with acars or not, but I adjusted them accordingly so now all is well.

For anyone who may have a question as to how this will effect your flights' points, feel free to use the following resources:

http://www.mountain-air.org/db/pilots/pointstest.php

or if you know the pirep id of a past flight:
http://www.mountain-air.org/db/pilots/p ... epid=76570
MTN1474

Return to General Chat